Margreet Stegeman is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist who is passionate about providing the most appropriate care to women, with detailed counselling of available treatment options, including conservative management, medication, and/or surgery.
Born in the Netherlands, Margreet completed her medical degree at the University of Nijmegen. She began gynaecology training in Groningen in the Netherlands and concluded this at the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne in 1999.
She and her family loved their time in Australia so much, they were compelled to stay. After two years in Armidale, NSW, she moved to Shepparton in 2003. Since May 2012, she has been in full time private practice.
Margreet set up her first practice at 115 Nixon Street, Shepparton. In February 2016, with the help of her husband, she established the new Shepparton Women's Health Centre, a multi-disciplinary endeavour close to their hearts.
Procedures performed include:
- Prolapse surgery and repair
- Laparoscopy, diagnostic and treatment of endometriosis
- Advanced laparoscopy, ovarian cysts, oophorectomy, ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Treatment of cervical abnormalities, including LLETZ and cone biopsy
- Endometrial ablation
- Insertion/removal of Mirena IUD
Margreet is also able to deliver antenatal care and limited perinatal services, and she collaborates with City Fertility Centre to bring IVF closer to the Shepparton community.