Booking - Options
We look forward to welcoming you to the Shepparton Private Hospital.
You will have received, from your surgeon an Admission Information and Forms booklet. If you do not wish to book online please complete these forms as directed on the inside cover of the booklet.
To book online please read the following information and then complete the online form.
Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the hospital.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- Personal/Next of Kin details
- Medicare Card
- Funding details (eg DVA, Private health insurance, workcover or self funding)
- Benefit details (eg pharmacy benefit card or pension card)
- Item numbers if these were quoted by doctors’ rooms
Information your doctor supplied to you re implantable medical devices (eg prosthetic and disposables) – If applicable.
- If you have any concerns with step 1, please telephone 03 5832 1200 between 8.30 and 3.30 or send an email to OnlinePread.email@example.com
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to admission to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
You will be contacted by telephone by our Pre-admission Nurse.
- Your medial history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
You are requested to phone the Pre Admission Office one business day prior to your admission, between 8.30am and 3.30 pm on 5832 1234 to confirm your admission time, date and fasting time and any out of pocket expenses which may be incurred.
Pre admission Visit
If you are having a major surgical procedure you may be asked to attend Preadmissions at the hospital so the nurse specialist can speak with you about your hospital stay, your operation, previous surgical and medical history, what to bring to hospital, as well as allay any concerns you may have.
Discharge planning will be addressed at this visit (eg who will care for you at home on discharge, who will take you home etc). You are welcome to bring a relative or friend with you to Preadmissions.
On the day of admission
Present at reception in the foyer at the time indicated by preadmissions, and you will be greeted by a staff member and accompanied to your room.
A check list to assist you in what to bring is below:
DO NOT bring to Hospital:
Shepparton Private Hospital does not accept responsibility or liability for any items brought into the Hospital