Caring for Mothers and Babies (and Fathers too) at Shepparton Private
A team of experienced and caring midwives working in the 5 bed Post Natal Unit at the hospital strive to provide excellent care to mothers and babies.
The hospital does not have a delivery suite but accepts post natal patients following delivery at Goulburn Valley Health.
Elective Caesarean deliveries may be undertaken by the Specialist Obstetricians.
The hospital’s Post Natal Unit is located in Kingfisher Ward and provides the following care and facilities:
- Experienced Midwives
- Breastfeeding advice and assistance by qualified Lactation Consultants
- Personalised education and support for parents
- Physiotherapy and Dietetics consultation and advice
- A welcoming atmosphere for fathers who can stay overnight if they wish.
- Large private rooms in a separate wing with its own lounge area.
- A well equipped nursery
- Television, Newspaper and freshly cooked meals which are available for the father as well.
Post natal patients are provided with expert personalised care and are able to remain in hospital until they are fully rested and confident with feeding and mothercraft.
Margot McGrath - Nurse Unit Manger is available on 5832 1210 if you or any of your patients would like further information on post- natal services at Shepparton Private Hospital.
For information on Mother Baby Unit, please see: